French artist Edouard Martinet has an incredible gift in seeing the potential in what others might consider trash… He upcycles pieces of junk into beautifully whimsical creatures…
Enjoy his talent here….http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/edouard-martinet-bug-sculptures
Most bucket lists include things like, “Go on an adventure in a far-off land,” ”Learn a new language,” or “Buy a dream car.” Although all these experiences can make our lives more exciting, the reason we crave these activities goes a little deeper.
What drives each of these desires is one common connector, an innate yearning to belong and to feel love. When we do what we love, we become an expression of love and our happiness is infectious.
As humans, we have an innate desire to make a difference and live life more fully. All of us want the same thing: to be happy and live a wonderful life. But how we meet this need often differs from person to person.
In the spirit of loving life to the fullest, I’ve revised my list of things to do before I die. These seemingly simple acts have transformed my life. What it comes down to is not how long your life is, but how wide you live it and these 30 ideas can help….
1. Stop worrying about debt.
2. Forgive your ex-lovers.
3. Stop trying to control your outcome.
4. Look in the mirror and love yourself unconditionally.
5. Leave the job you hate.
6. Find your purpose and live it full heartedly.
7. Adopt a furry friend.
8. Don’t feel guilty for
holiday weight gain.
9. Trust that everything is in right order.
10. Travel to the place you keep thinking about.
11. Try something that scares you daily.
12. Be open to change.
13. Let go of your past.
14. Stop trying to change people.
15. Stop looking for answers outside of yourself.
16. Stop thinking you did something wrong.
17. Be your weird, crazy, beautiful self.
18. Follow your heart.
19. Risk everything for love.
20. Reject rejection.
21. See the world as a beautiful, safe, and loving place.
22. See everyone as equals.
23. Give up attachments to stuff.
24. Recognize the journey is the reward.
25. Stay hopeful and optimistic in difficult situations.
26. Welcome all life’s lessons.
27. See the opportunities in every challenge rather than give up.
28. Live your values.
29. Inspire others by your own bigness.
30. Play with the world.
-:- HEALTH -:-
1. Exercise 30 minutes every day. It is essential that you get yourself moving every day. You don’t have to run a marathon or do an entire P90X series daily.. Just something to get your heart rate
2. Eat breakfast every day. Yes, every day. Not hungry? Force yourself to drink one full glass of water. Still not hungry? Have a small protein packed meal that will prevent you from growling before lunchtime. (Almonds, hard boiled egg, quick scrambled egg, tofu or turkey sausage).
3. Sleep 8 hours. Sleep deprivation is never a good idea. You may think you are gaining extra time by getting a small amount of sleep. But in fact, you are only gaining possible crankiness, stress, tiredness and grogginess. Save yourself the wasted time and aim for the full 8.
4. Avoid Snacking between meals. If you must snack, first check how hungry you really are by drinking a full glass of water. If you are still hungry, load up on veggies or have a tiny handful of nuts. My mom uses a great trick to avoid snacking by drinking a glass of water with 8 parts water to 1 part orange juice.
5. Eat fruits & veggies every day. Self explanatory and completely necessary. Load up on fruits and veggies to save calories and get your essential vitamins & minerals.
6. Eat shrimp. Shrimp is pure protein and very low in calories. It’s a no brainer!
7. Drink 1 full glass of water when you wake up. I have mentioned this already a few times but I promise you, you’ll feel so much better if you make this a priority in the morning. Your body is dehydrated when you wake up, whether you recognize it or not. Making this a habit will do wonders for your body.
8. Avoid drinking your calories. Check the calorie count in correlation to the serving size of your drinks. Many drinks come as more than one serving. By replacing drinks with water you will also be saving yourself from drinking unnecessary amounts of sugar.
9. If you smoke, stop it. Just stop it.
10. If you drink, be moderate. Be sure you are aware of what you are drinking. For your cocktails, try different ingredients that are lower in calories such as club soda, real lime juice, and agave syrup. For wine and beers just recognize how much you are drinking in a sitting.
11. Take the stairs. Whenever possible take the stairs! Maybe not before your interview in your nicest suit and stilettos.. but when you have the opportunity, don’t be afraid to take it!
12. Keep your body clean. I am not advising that you spend all day in front of the mirror. But it will help you to take care of yourself, even minimally! Find out your skin type, hair type, and personal taste and then cater to it!
-:- PRODUCTIVITY -:-
13. Prioritize. When in doubt ask yourself, “If I have time to do only one thing today, what would it have to be?” and then do that. We all have to do lists that have no end, so find a way to do what needs to get done first.
14. Plan, but not too much. You want to have a general outline for your life, but holding yourself to too strict of a schedule can create anxiety. Create a plan, but if it doesn’t work then don’t worry too much.
15. Create an “idea” system. Whether it’s in a little notebook that you carry with you, or a list on your phone.. make a list of ideas and inspirations that come to you throughout your day.
16. Clear off your desk. A clear workspace will open your mind.
17. Only check your email when necessary. Obsessing over emails can create anxiety. Checking so often can make it a mindless task that doesn’t mean anything. Only check your email when you are expecting an email, or at a certain time such as morning and evening.
18. Set strict deadlines. And follow them! You will increase your productivity and save time for whatever else you’d like to do.
19. Autopilot. Put your daily, weekly, monthly and annual tasks on a schedule. Completing these tasks on a certain day or at a certain time will make them a habit and before you know it, they’ll be on autopilot so you don’t even need a reminder.
20. Wake up early. You will be able to accomplish so much more when you begin your day earlier. It’s difficult at first, but if you set a time and keep to it, pretty soon waking up early will become a daily habit.
21. Take a day off. It’s simple. Give yourself a day every week where you unplug and relax. Whether you want to spend the day being a couch potato or spending time outside
-:- DEVELOPMENT -:-
22. Read a book every day. Spend just 30 minutes reading every day. Reading this much could allow you to read about a book every week… that’s possibly more than 50 books each year!
23. Solve puzzles. Puzzles clear your mind, and create focus, so play games with your brain. Whether they are number games, word games or jigsaw puzzles, stretch your brain! It will thank you.
24. Meditate. Take a few minutes each day to focus on your breath and clear your mind. The easiest way to do this for beginners is to try to count backwards from 10 without letting any other thoughts enter your mind. If something interrupts your count, start over and refocus on clarity.
25. Think positively. Don’t ever forget that you are what you think. Positive thoughts makes a positive you!
26. Make quick decisions. Over thinking can cause anxiety. When approached with a decision, no matter how small or large, go with your gut and make a choice. If it turns out that you made a wrong decision, then you learn from it!
27. Wait before buying. Unless you are grocery shopping or looking for something specific, take your time when shopping. When you feel an impulse buy coming on, take a moment to really look at the product. Try it on, hold it, touch it, look at it. And then walk away. Wait AT LEAST one hour before purchasing. If you can, wait a whole day! If you are still thinking about it (whatever it is) then go ahead and treat yourself!
-:- CAREER -:-
28. Create a portfolio. This is the easiest way to put your work and achievements in one tangible place. This is a convenient and all encompassing way to show potential superiors and coworkers what you are made of. Something you don’t necessarily need to change.. just add to as you go!
29. Update your resume. Save a few different versions of your resume that will cater to different career fields that you may be interested in. Update your experience, your interests and your references so that you can apply to different jobs with the best resume possible.
30. Start a blog :) It’s one of the easiest, most expressive, and most fun ways to be active on the internet. Whether you want to get your name out there or just your thoughts… it’s an easy way to start!
-:- A nicely decorated deck, patio or porch is even more delightful when it looks out onto an inviting lush landscape. -:-
1. Liven Up the Lawn…
Got a big green rectangle? Try adding a mix of low-maintenance perennials, shrubs, trees, and hard surfaces (such as rocks, bricks, or a patio). Adding plants to the corners of a square or rectangular yard can soften the edges. Curved flower beds add visual energy. Renting or don’t have a large space? Try planting annuals in a collection of pots off in the corner liven up a space without too much commitment!
2. Hide Eyesores…
Wall-mounted planters or trellises can dress up an empty or unattractive wall or fence. Upcycle old wood pallets or use chickenwire to allow plants to grow comfortably vertically!
3. Plant Veggies…
Growing edibles at home uses less water than turfgrass, plus you get to eat them! Sustainable in more than one way! Go green.
4. Add Sound Effects…
Birds not cooperating? Try building a pond with a little waterfall or buy an urn with a built-in pump. This way, you can hear sounds of nature through flowing water (even if the sound is man-made).
5. Try a Mini Makeover…
Plants and shrubs looking tired? Give yourself permission to toss them. Take the opportunity to redesign a layout that works for you. Need help planning? A garden coach can help you rethink a landscape and start over. Go to gardencoachdirectory.wetpaint.com to find one!
By: Tina Fey
1) Form good beauty habits early.
2) The right undergarments are an essential part of your silhouette.
3) Skin Care, Skin Care, Skin Care!
- SOOTS (Stay Out Of The Sun)
- AWAH (Always Wear A Hat)
- DLO (Don’t Lay Out)
- Be Italian.
4) Don’t be afraid to try “outside the box” skin care solutions.
5) The eyes are the windows to where the soul is supposed to be.
6) Space lasers.
7) “A woman’s hair is her crowning glory” -The guys who wrote the bible.
8) You must learn to tame your own mane!
9) When it comes to fashion, find what works for you and stick with it.
“Don’t wear what the fashion designers tell you to wear. Wear what they wear.
10) A manicure is a must.
11) Aging naturally without looking like time-lapse photography of a rotting sparrow.
12) The most imporant rule of beauty…
“If you retain nothing else, always remember the most important Rule of Beauty… “Who Cares?”